The Submission Process
Here’s what happens once you’ve filled out the submission form:
- The Submission Coordinator will be notified of your submission. The Submission Coordinator will read the information you’ve supplied. If there are any immediate questions, the Submission Coordinator will contact you, to work with you to clarify your submission.
- The Submission Coordinator notifies the Submission Committee of the new submission. The Submission Committee consists of several con volunteers, with a wide variety of LARP experience, at Continuum and elsewhere. The Submission Committee is deliberately large and varied, in order to represent the diversity of people who come to the con. Several people will look at your submission.
- The Submission Committee discusses each submission. They’ll be looking at the submission for answers to questions such as:
- Does the game look interesting?
- Does it look like a game that people will enjoy?
- Is it a game that’s different from games already accepted for the convention?
- Is this a game that helps to create a rich and varied mix of games at the con?
- Do the game space and time requirements fit within the Continuum budget for space and time?
- Will the game bring new people into the con?
This may result in further questions back to you. It is why it’s so important that you fill in the submission form completely to begin with.
- Once consensus has been reached, the Submission Coordinator will let you know what has been decided.
- If the submission is accepted, it will be added to the schedule. Announcements about the con will contain advertisements about all the open games in the schedule, including yours! We also encourage you to advertise your game (and Continuum) in your LARP group.If the submission is rejected, we’ll try to explain why it doesn’t meet our needs. If your submission is rejected, we hope you’ll still come to the convention, to have a great time in all of the other LARPs.
Still have questions? Please drop a note to the Submission Coordinator. We want to make it easy for you to submit your game.